2014 has been a great year for the digital cameras. Though the smartphone gave a tough competition to the point and shoot, fixed and interchangeable lens cameras, there have been some very impressive and excellent cameras released by the big brands.� Here are a few good ones that made a mark in 2014.
- Canon G16 � This fixed lens camera possess some high-end features like a fast f/1.8 lens in this camera which is generally found in a DSLR. It has a 12MP resolution, a1/1.7 inch CMOS image sensor and a good fast lens with 5X optical zoom.
- Canon Rebel EOS T5 DSLR � Rebel T5 is a great option to get into a DSLR world of photography, keeping your budget intact. It has an 18MP APS-C CMOS image sensor, 3fps continuous shooting, 3 inch LCD and a 9-point autofocus. It also features a popup flash and a viewfinder.
- Fujifilm X-T1 � It is an advanced and powerful mirrorless interchangeable lens camera. But for the price that it comes for, it is definitely not amongst the entry level cameras. Its advanced features and high quality image creation does full justice to the bar it created for itself. �Though it supports the retro look, it is works very fast, such that you can never miss spontaneous photos due to shutter lag or waiting for the camera to respond.
- Nikon D5300 DSLR � This DSLR is a solid entry-level camera. It offers a great combination of advanced superior features that include built-in WiFi and basic photography. The DX format image sensor in Nikon D5300 includes and an impressive 24.2MP resolution, which helps to perform amazingly in low light.
- Nikon Coolpix S9700 � This versatile model is a great travel camera. It has 30X optical zoom which helps you click the distant pictures. It comes handy when you are travelling and wish to click land scape photos. This is just 1.4 inch thick and is easy to carry in your pocket or travel bag when you are on the go. It has good picture quality and the autofocus mechanism helps you click sharp pictures.
- Olympus OM-D E-M10 ILC � This is a strong entry in the range of mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras by Olympus.� It has a 3inch touch LCD screen and a 16Mp image recording with a speed of 8 frames per second, with an electronic viewfinder. It possesses an image stabilisation system that works on triple axis system giving it great capabilities.
- Olympus SP-100 � Though SP-100 has an average image quality it has a unique Dot Sight mechanism and a remarkable 50X optical zoom. Very often when you wish to track far-off subjects, you might face the problem due to the subject moving out of the frame when the zoom is in use. The Dot Sight mechanism that is in-built in the pop flash unit makes it easy for you to focus and capture.
- Samsung NX30 ILC � This one is a terrific mix of excellent image quality and easy-to-use features.� This mirrorless interchangeable camera has 20.3MP resolution, a moveable electronic viewfinder, 9fps burst mode, full HD video recording, 3.0 LCD touch screen and built-in NFC wireless and Wi-Fi connectivity. It is complete with every high-end feature possible.
- Samsung WB2200F � It features a 60X optical zoom lens, 16MP resolution and a little more manual control over your pictures. This one is called a �bridge� camera by Samsung that is in between the beginners� camera and the DSLR. It also has NFC connectivity and Wi-Fi along with electronic viewfinder and 3.0inch LCD screen.
Diana Hayes is a freelance blogger and writes for cameracentral.com.au , a portal dedicated to information on digital cameras in Australia