Email is a great thing, but these days it is not uncommon for people to be addicted to checking email. What I mean by this is that often people will check their email even though they know it is not the right time or place. For example, if checking your email box distracts you from more important tasks, then it might be a sign that you are addicted to checking email. Some people if they cannot sleep at night they might get up and check their email. Well, that might not be a great idea because what if you will notice some important email from your boss and this will further prevent you from sleeping? I try to check my email daily, but I do it only once per day.
The iPhone 7 was released recently to great fanfare as usual. It goes without saying that the iPhone is a high quality, reliable and well-designed device, and millions of iPhone owners agree. However, one of their greatest strengths is that unlike most other phones, they last. And last. There are many people still rocking iPhone 5s and even iPhone 4 models. It may have you wondering, is upgrading worth it? Well that depends.
The iPhone 7 and 7+ are beautiful phones, but they don’t come without a little controversy. Apple removed the headphone jack, and that has sent some people into a tizzy. They include a set of earphones that plug into the lightning jack, and also a small dongle that can be used with traditional earphones. Yet for some people, the ability to charge their phone while using headphones is a must, and for others, they dislike having to use the dongle. If either of these are a concern for you, and your current phone is working just fine, you may want to hold off on upgrading. Otherwise, enjoy the improved audio quality the lightning jack provides!
Speaking of audio quality, if you use your iPhone’s external speakers often, the new iPhone 7 may be a worthy upgrade. It features stereo speakers and the sound is pretty impressive for a small device.
The other big improvement is the camera. The iPhone 7+ offers a much improved camera with dual lenses, improved low light performance, and 4K video. If you take a lot of photos and/or videos, you’ll definitely want to upgrade.
However, there are some things about the new iPhone that may not make upgrading attractive. For example, if you got your apple iPhone 6 unlocked, and having an unlocked world phone is important to you, is careful about upgrading. While the Sprint and Verizon versions of the iPhone 7 can be unlocked and used with any band (LTE/CDMA/GSM) the AT&T and T-Mobile versions are not compatible with anything but GSM.
Finally, Jet Black. Everyone is talking about this new iPhone color. It’s glossy, it’s shiny, and it’s black. It’s also the most hard to find version, much like Rose Gold was last year. Is it worth upgrading for? It’s attractive, yes, but it’s also a fingerprint magnet, and Apple themselves posted a warning in the fine print that it can and will develop scratches. Since most of us put our shiny new iPhones in cases, does the color really matter? If it does to you, go ahead and upgrade as you won’t find the same colors and finishes anywhere else.
Because more and more people have access to Internet each year, social networking is gaining more and more on popularity as well. People take advantage out of social networks and treat them as an alternative for looking for friends. Whereas there are some networks that are better and more user friendly than others, let me here give you a few reasons why social networking can be so fun:
1. Contacting other people is relatively easy and very fast. All you need to do is to create an account which will only take you a few minutes. You will be asked a few simple questions after which you will be ready to start interacting with other users. The questions are very easy, and among other things you will need to provide a valid email address. Usually, you will not be obliged to do anything that you would feel uncomfortable with. Even if some user starts harassing you, you are free to quit as soon as you want.
2. Registration usually does not cost anything. There will be some exception to that, but the good thing about the Internet is the fact that many things are for free.
3. You can very easily meet friends who share the same interests as you.
4. You are given an option to upload your pictures, blogs, audio messages etc. I am sure that many of us like doing that, and the thought that somebody might be reading our articles is thrilling.
I have had my laptop for years, mostly due to the fact that lарtорs аrе bесоmіng mоrе рорulаr thеsе dауs, mоrе аffоrdаblе аnd thе реrfесt thіng tо tаkе аlmоst еvеrуwhеrе wіth уоu. Вut dо уоu knоw thе stерs tо kееріng уоur lарtор runnіng іn орtіmаl fоrm? Іf wе dо nоt tаkе саrе оf оur еlесtrоnісs, thеу wіll sооn wеаr оut аnd nееd tо bе rерlасеd. Тhе fоllоwіng аrtісlе wіll shаrе sоmе hоmе соmрutіng tірs wіth уоu fоr gеttіng mоrе frоm уоur tесhnоlоgу.
1. Dоn’t kеер уоur lарtор bаttеrу рluggеd іn аll оf thе tіmе whеn іn usе. Whіlе mаnу реорlе mау fееl thаt іt іs bеnеfісіаl tо thе соmрutеr tо kеер роwеr runnіng frоm thе wаll іnstеаd оf thе bаttеrу mаkіng thе соmрutеr run, thіs іs nоt nесеssаrіlу thе саsе. Іf уоu kеер уоur lарtор оr nеtbооk рluggеd іntо а роwеr sоurсе fоr lоng реrіоds оf tіmе, іt wіll strаіn thе bаttеrу аnd mаkе іt іnсараblе оf hоldіng оr kееріng а сhаrgе fоr vеrу lоng. Тhіs mеаns thаt іf уоur соmрutеr оnсе usеd tо bе аblе tо run fоr 8 hоurs wіthоut nееdіng а сhаrgе, bу kееріng іt рluggеd іn соnstаntlу аftеr thе tіmе іs nееdеd fоr а full bаttеrу, уоu соuld fіnd уоur lарtор unаblе tо run wіthоut bеіng рluggеd іn duе tо а bаttеrу thаt іs nо lоngеr аblе tо kеер а сhаrgе оn іts оwn.
2. Dо уоu hаvе а mеmоrу stісk thаt уоu rеgulаrlу рlug іntо уоur соmрutеr vіа UЅВ? Dіd уоu knоw thаt уоu саn ruіn nоt оnlу уоur mеmоrу stісk but аlsо thе роrts оn уоur соmрutеr іf уоu dо nоt рrореrlу rеmоvе уоur stісk оnсе fіnіshеd usіng іt оn уоur соmрutеr? Оn thе bоttоm rіght hаnd sіdе оf уоur соmрutеrs tаsk bаr аrе sоmе ісоns. Іf уоu sсrоll оvеr thеm, уоu wіll sее оnе thаt sауs “sаfеlу rеmоvе hаrdwаrе” уоu nееd tо сlісk оn thаt іn оrdеr tо dеасtіvаtе thе соmmаnds fоr thе UЅВ роrt аnd rеlеаsе thе dеvісе sаfеlу wіthоut rіskіng blоwіng thе сіrсuіts аnd thе соmрutеr’s аbіlіtу tо rеаd thе UЅВ роrt.
Тhеsе twо tірs mау аррlу tо sоmе оf уоur оthеr tесhnоlоgу suсh аs уоur сеll рhоnе bаttеrу оr іРаd. Yоu must аlwауs tаkе mеаsurеs tо рrоtесt уоur dеvісеs tо kеер thеm іn tор wоrkіng оrdеr fоr аs lоng аs роssіblе. Wе аll knоw hоw muсh еаsіеr аsресts оf оur lіvеs hаvе bесоmе duе tо thеsе іtеms. Dо уоu rеаllу wаnt tо еnd uр wіthоut thеm оnсе аgаіn bу nоt tаkіng thе lіttlе stерs thаt аrе nееdеd tо kеер thеm wоrkіng thеіr ultіmаtе bеst?
Music gear is as important as any other gear out there. I am thinking here about open box gear at musiciansfriend.com that is so easily accessible to anybody who wishes to obtain such gear. Whenever you have a need for something, the best place to get it is to go straight to the Internet. This is something I have been myself doing for a long time and I have been rather successful at it.
One question I have been asking myself for the last couple of months is whether home daycare businesses are really needed. In my opinion, home day care businesses are very much in demand. Just look around you. I am sure that there are many people around you who need daycare. They can be the elderly, but they can also be babies and children. Their families are too busy with their everyday lives to take care of them. They prefer to rather pay to somebody to take care of them rather than give up their current job and stay at home with them. I predict that during the years to come, the demand for home daycare businesses are going to be even higher it has ever been before.
While researching for hosting options best suited for your website, you would have surely learnt about Dedicated and Shared Hosting. But, there’s a new kid on the block that has created quite a buzz among webmasters. Cloud VPS Hosting is the latest and hottest concept that has seen rapid growth in the past few years.
Though as of now only a limited number of web host companies who are offering true VMware cloud VPS hosting, it’s likely to expand its market share as more webmasters shift to enterprise grade cloud from other traditional hosting options like Shared, Dedicated, and Reseller Hosting.
The cost factor has played its part in preventing rapid growth of its user base. This will change soon, as more companies come forward to offer cloud services. With increase in competition there’ll be a resultant reduction in prices.
Cloud VPS hosting – What is it?
In cloud VPS hosting, the website doesn’t reside in a single physical hardware. Instead, a cluster of servers work together to feed the browser with the page it requests. While this may sound similar to Clustered Hosting, there is a marked difference between the two.
Compared to Clustered Hosting, the cloud server network is more numerous, complex, and virtual. Cloud VPS hosting is gaining traction since it’s not bound by the limitations that other traditional methods have.
Hosting on virtual server reduces instances of downtime in case of any technical server problem. Additionally, increase in demand for a website won’t lead to any bandwidth issues, since another system in the cloud network can provide resources to keep the website functioning.
You don’t have to look far to see a live example of cloud VPS hosting. Thousands of servers spread over hundreds of locations work around the clock to keep the search engine giant Google online.
How does it work?
Webmasters tend to give an overly technical explanation to how cloud hosting works. We’ll try to simplify that for you. In cloud hosting there are no physical servers directly involved in managing a website.
Here virtual servers with their own resources like memory, CPU core, operating systems and software operate independently of the physical server. They derive their resources from the existing physical servers, but virtual servers are created, configured, and customized as per the developer’s choice.
Benefits of cloud Virtual Private Servers
Many may wonder how creating a virtual environment and distributing workload over numerous systems benefit the user. Here are the features that differentiate cloud from other hosting options.
One huge advantage of cloud servers is its scalability. The cloud network may consist of a small number of machines, say 10 – 15, or there can be scaled up to add unlimited systems running as a single cloud setup.
As mentioned above resources needed to create and run a virtual platform are drawn from a wide range of physical servers. What this means is unlimited resource is at the administrator’s disposal, so adding and removing them as and when needed adds flexibility to the hosting setup.
The virtualization process allows the administrator to have backend access to monitor crucial system information such as CPU load of the servers. Those manning the cloud setup can effortlessly optimize the virtual environment for data backups, optimal power usage, storage efficiency, and more.
With cloud server customers pay for what they use. Having a cloud host a web application is a better and long-term cost effective option than the hardware server hosting. The premise is simple, if you’re using limited bandwidth to deliver just text, pay only for that.
But, in case of images, streaming videos and music higher bandwidth requirement will increase the cost. Probably, this is the most popular feature of this hosting solution – rent additional processing power for the duration you want at a fraction of what you’ll have to shell out in case of other services.
Cloud Servers vs. Dedicated hosting – the difference
If you want to set up an ecommerce platform, you have a choice between two different concepts: cloud servers which places multiple servers at your disposal or dedicated hosting that gives exclusive use of a server or part of a server.
Your decision should rest on how the options, compare with each other under two conditions: Reliability and Cost. With a cluster of servers forming one cloud your website is well equipped to face any emergency. The same is not true in case of dedicated hosting.
Obviously, setting up a virtual architecture is a pricey affair and not the best choice in case you’re looking to keep your investment low. So, cloud VPS hosting scores on reliability, but fails on the cost factor.
The future of cloud hosting
A technology that until a few years back was affordable only by large enterprises has slowly trickled down to small businesses. It’s where the future of cloud server hosting lies, among small businesses and emerging markets that drive innovation and make it more readily available for the masses.
At present the cost concern is holding back small businesses from shifting to cloud en masse. In the very near future we’ll most likely see majority of Fortune 500 companies and small businesses take to cloud infrastructure in a big way.
Technology enthusiasts predict in near future cloud infrastructure to become the home of all web servers. With innovation, they believe cloud VPS hosting can emerge as the right solution to the limitations of existing high priced private servers.
The next logical step in the development of cloud virtual machine is building of tools and applications that are compatible with cloud infrastructure. Developers around the world are already working on creating open source tools for cloud serves, so more people can build on it and add to its functionality and robustness.
What we have presented here is a map which gives a brief presentation of cloud hosting. With this information in mind, you can further explore the finer particulars of the cloud environment. Gather more information on cloud servers, list its pros and cons, and decide if moving your website to the cloud will benefit your business or not.
One of the problems with Internet Explorer is the lack of the possibility to customize it. Fortunately Firefox allows various customizations, including the possibility to sort your downloads the way you like. You won’t be able to do it with a vanilla version of Firefox, but you will just need to install the Sort plugin to enable it Sort allows you to store files with different extensions in separate folders. For example you may wish to save mp3 files your “Music” folder and jpg files in “Pictures” folder. This extension will be especially valuable for those internet users which tend to download a lot, as it can automatically sort files for you.
Advertising has gotten a lot easier for many businesses, whether you run a huge company or a small mom-and-pop shop. At one point and time, marketing was extremely costly and for smaller businesses, running on the words of other was the best ways to get the word out about your company. Thankfully, the Internet has allowed small businesses to continue to grow by giving them a more affordable way to market new products and reach out to new audiences.
What does social media mean and why is it important to you? Understanding this method of marketing and knowing how to use it successfully can help your business tremendously.
Understanding Social Media
Social media is just another form of interacting with individuals through a media outlet. Like any other media outlet, you can relay messages and information about new products and your business that you would through any other outlet, including a television commercial or newspaper article. Using social media may offer a few more benefits for companies because you can reach out to customers directly, hear feedback and share any kind of content.
On a social media page, like Facebook or Twitter, being successful is easy with three simple tips.
- Respond and react to customers that share their feedback, positive and negative, and ideas with you about your business. Their ability to contact you directly and provide reviews not only on their own pages but on yours as well means your customer service has the opportunity to improve, especially if you share your concern with their concerns. They will feel closer to your business and be more likely to return or spread a positive word about your company.
- Carefully consider the content you are posting, because the joy of social media means that you don’t always have to push products onto your customers. It is nice to hear about new products and get information on your business, but being an overly pushy salesman can annoy your followers. Posting content that is relatable, funny and sparks conversation and emotion with your customers will help them feel connected and involved with your business.
- Maintaining a relationship with your customers is important, but isn’t always easy if you can’t reach them because they haven’t shopped or done business with you in awhile. Staying active via social media is easy, especially if you make a goal to publish content frequently. Posting once or twice a week on your social media pages will show your customers that you’re going the extra mile to stay in touch with them, as well as keep them interested and give them a chance to see what they’re missing.
I am sure that at some point you have heard the term phishing. If you are an experienced Internet user, you probably know what the term is all about. Phishing occurs is when instead of going to the real website of your bank for example, you are being redirected to a fake website that looks almost exactly like the one representing your bank.
One problem with phishing is that it might be sometimes so easy to fall prey to it. What looks like a legitimate website might be a website that looks almost identical comparing it to the original. Common sense is your best friend when it comes to that. Try to judge for yourself whether the website you visit and input your data including your password is real or not.