One of the ways to keep yourself accountable is to set some goals for your website. This is an excellent way to measure your achievements, but remember that your goals should be time-sensitive and specific. Here are some examples, which should help you get started:
• Obtain a Page Rank4 within a year. It can be any other number, as this is only an example. You can easily check your Page Rank so this also means that you can easily check on your progress.
• Obtain an Alexa rank of 100,000 within 2 months. While it might require a lot of work, you will have a lot of satisfaction if you achieve such a goal.
• Have an affiliate program revenue of $100 per month within three months. Take into account that affiliate revenue can fluctuate a lot. Nonetheless, it is possible to add up all of your affiliate income and see how you are progressing.
As you see in the examples above those are quite specific goals, and you will be easily able to say if you indeed achieved your goal or not, which is very important. You can also measure to what degree you accomplished some goal in percentages. Some people even set goals for themselves every month and say that it keeps them motivated. My personal advice is not to set goals to high, so that you will not get disappointed. Of course, realizing hard to achieve goals can be a very rewarding experience so it might be worth a try.
I am sure that most people enjoy meeting others. It is simply fun and there is no reason not to like it. It is possible to chat with various people online, but it might make the most sense to chat with people in your area. Those who live in New York might be interested in meeting people from New York, while those who live in other cities may be interested in personals from their own city. If you meet someone online who lives in your area, then it will not be a problem to meet such a person. I am sure it sounds exciting, does it not?
Protecting your computer form viruses, trojans, and other malicious infections is an important thing to do in order to keep your computer safe. There are many different antivirus programs available, as well as a wide choice of firewalls. Often you will find both antivirus and firewall features available in one program, usually called a security suite. While it is debatable which firewall/antivirus are the best to use, I would like to make some recommendations based on personal experience. First of all, I would not use a security suite, because the best antivirus and firewall is not available in any security suite. I recommend using a program like NOD32 as an antivirus, as it offers the best active protection. I also recommend using a firewall like Comodo Firewall because it protects as well as any paid firewall, but it is completely free.
Would you like to hear some email tips? You have probably seen BCC before many times, and were wondering what this abbreviation stands for. By using BCC, you can send your email to many people without them knowing who the other recipients are. Whereas CC stands for Carbon Copy, BCC is a abbreviation for Blind Carbon Copy. As using CC enables other people to see who else received a message, there are many advantages of using BCC over CC:
• You might not want the others to know what the email addresses of your recipients are. Since we live in a world where many people consider it a full time job to obtain email addresses of others for commercial purposes, it might be a lot safer thing to do.
• For some reason you might not want to reveal to how many people you are sending an email.
• Your recipients might not be happy that you shared their email address with others. They have the right to, and I am sure that they would appreciate that you respect their wishes.
• If you are a company, sending emails using BCC looks more professional, as you should not reveal information about your customers.
Overall, Blind Carbon Copy ensures privacy of your recipients, so in many situations this will be the biggest advantage of using it.
Every internet user that connect to the Internet on a regular basis has probably bookmarked some websites. This way he can access his favorite sites very fast and he will not need to remember the full URL of the site. When it comes to bookmarks, every person will have to decide at some points which sites are worth bookmarking. There are many websites suggesting to bookmark their page, but if you are going to be bookmarking any website that you visit from time to time, then pretty soon your list of bookmarks is going to be a mess. You may want to use folders in your bookmark list, as it will help you keep your list organized. I also suggest that you only bookmark such pages that you really visit on a regular basis. There is no point bookmarking all of the pages on the Web that you might like for one reason or another.
Earlier on this blog I was writing how you can print mailing and returning addresses on envelopes and labels in MS Word. However, you can do more than that with them. You can add the graphics of your choice for example to your mailing or returning address. To do this, follow these few steps:
1. First, select your mailing or returning address to which you would like to add the graphics.
2. Go to Tools menu and open Envelopes and Labels window.
3. Click on Add to Document or Change Document.
4. In the Status bar click on the Page Layout view icon.
5. Now it is time to insert the graphics of your choice into the document.
6. Print the new envelope.
You never know when this might come in handy and having vast knowledge about Word will make your work with this text editor a lot more pleasant.
Installing a home theater is one of the best things you can do for yourself or your family. I am sure that many of you have your own home theater; however, are you sure that you own one of the best projectors available on the market? The choice of projectors is very wide. Taking time to choose the right one might be worthwhile. After all, the performance of your home theater depends on it. Depending on what type of a projector you own, the performance of movies you watch is better or worse. You want to have a quality projector to get the best experience possible while watching your favorite movies.
Of course, many businesses also use projectors. That is because they can be used for presentations and due to that they are very useful. There are even some projector rentals available for businesses. I am sure that many businesses can benefit from using projectors as the efficiency of the company might increase this way.
When you choose a projector the most important factors are price and the overall quality. You need to find the right balance, depending on your needs. If you only intend to use a projector for showing slideshows, then you may not need a very expensive projector.
More and more people have websites and some people even have many websites. It is not uncommon for some people to have a dozen websites of their own. I think that it is great that someone has many websites, but it is important to keep some things in mind. Basically, I would recommend not to start too many websites if you do not have time to update them from time to time. There are millions of websites on the Internet, but only those are popular which have interesting content and are regularly updated. That is why it might be better to have less sites, but simply update them more often.
Another question many bloggers keep asking themselves is when to stop blogging. They keep wondering whether they are successful as bloggers or not. They do not know that being a beginner blogger is not always easy. Since people do not know you and your work yet, they do not know if they should keep visiting your blog. You need to prove to them that your blog is worth visiting. This might take you some time, but it can be a rewarding process during which you are going to have a chance to make new friends and learn many interesting facts about blogging and other aspects of life. If you choose to give up on blogging to early, you risk losing all those readers you encouraged to keep visiting your blog.
If you are really determined to focus on search engine optimization, then you may want to put some effort into determining the effectiveness of your internal link structure. This would answer the question whether you are utilizing your PageRank the most effective way by passing it from your home page to other pages on your site. Internal link structure depends on how you link to your own pages. Take into account the following points:
- First of all, you can use Google Webmaster Tools to show your internal link counts to different pages. This way you will be able to analyze which pages should be linked to more often. Such pages could be those that receive little traffic or have some important content. Basically, it depends on your priorities.
- If you have pages with high PageRank consider linking to your other integral pages, instead of linking to other websites. It might be a good idea to have a dedicated link page that will not have a very high PageRank, so that you will not worry about passing too much authority to other sites. That is because you want to pass your PR to your own integral pages. This is why there are some websites with so many pages with high PR, while other sites have only PR on their homepage.
Overall, it is important for every webmaster to have a well-organized link structure. Only this way will your website have many pages with high Page Rank.
I do not know about you, but I receive tons of emails in my inbox every day. I delete most of those emails, but I also read some of them.
Since I know more or less how to know a scam when I see one, I know which emails should be ignored or even reported as spam. Emails that ask me for some passwords or my pin numbers always should be regarded with suspicion. It is sad for me to even think how many people usually fall victim to such emails that obviously look like a scam to me. I feel sorry for them and I would like them to know that there are simple ways to make sure that nobody has to be a victim of such scams anymore if he is really careful and alert at all times.