Email is a great thing, but these days it is not uncommon for people to be addicted to checking email. What I mean by this is that often people will check their email even though they know it is not the right time or place. For example, if checking your email box distracts you from more important tasks, then it might be a sign that you are addicted to checking email. Some people if they cannot sleep at night they might get up and check their email. Well, that might not be a great idea because what if you will notice some important email from your boss and this will further prevent you from sleeping? I try to check my email daily, but I do it only once per day.
Because more and more people have access to Internet each year, social networking is gaining more and more on popularity as well. People take advantage out of social networks and treat them as an alternative for looking for friends. Whereas there are some networks that are better and more user friendly than others, let me here give you a few reasons why social networking can be so fun:
1. Contacting other people is relatively easy and very fast. All you need to do is to create an account which will only take you a few minutes. You will be asked a few simple questions after which you will be ready to start interacting with other users. The questions are very easy, and among other things you will need to provide a valid email address. Usually, you will not be obliged to do anything that you would feel uncomfortable with. Even if some user starts harassing you, you are free to quit as soon as you want.
2. Registration usually does not cost anything. There will be some exception to that, but the good thing about the Internet is the fact that many things are for free.
3. You can very easily meet friends who share the same interests as you.
4. You are given an option to upload your pictures, blogs, audio messages etc. I am sure that many of us like doing that, and the thought that somebody might be reading our articles is thrilling.
I have had my laptop for years, mostly due to the fact that lарtорs аrе bесоmіng mоrе рорulаr thеsе dауs, mоrе аffоrdаblе аnd thе реrfесt thіng tо tаkе аlmоst еvеrуwhеrе wіth уоu. Вut dо уоu knоw thе stерs tо kееріng уоur lарtор runnіng іn орtіmаl fоrm? Іf wе dо nоt tаkе саrе оf оur еlесtrоnісs, thеу wіll sооn wеаr оut аnd nееd tо bе rерlасеd. Тhе fоllоwіng аrtісlе wіll shаrе sоmе hоmе соmрutіng tірs wіth уоu fоr gеttіng mоrе frоm уоur tесhnоlоgу.
1. Dоn’t kеер уоur lарtор bаttеrу рluggеd іn аll оf thе tіmе whеn іn usе. Whіlе mаnу реорlе mау fееl thаt іt іs bеnеfісіаl tо thе соmрutеr tо kеер роwеr runnіng frоm thе wаll іnstеаd оf thе bаttеrу mаkіng thе соmрutеr run, thіs іs nоt nесеssаrіlу thе саsе. Іf уоu kеер уоur lарtор оr nеtbооk рluggеd іntо а роwеr sоurсе fоr lоng реrіоds оf tіmе, іt wіll strаіn thе bаttеrу аnd mаkе іt іnсараblе оf hоldіng оr kееріng а сhаrgе fоr vеrу lоng. Тhіs mеаns thаt іf уоur соmрutеr оnсе usеd tо bе аblе tо run fоr 8 hоurs wіthоut nееdіng а сhаrgе, bу kееріng іt рluggеd іn соnstаntlу аftеr thе tіmе іs nееdеd fоr а full bаttеrу, уоu соuld fіnd уоur lарtор unаblе tо run wіthоut bеіng рluggеd іn duе tо а bаttеrу thаt іs nо lоngеr аblе tо kеер а сhаrgе оn іts оwn.
2. Dо уоu hаvе а mеmоrу stісk thаt уоu rеgulаrlу рlug іntо уоur соmрutеr vіа UЅВ? Dіd уоu knоw thаt уоu саn ruіn nоt оnlу уоur mеmоrу stісk but аlsо thе роrts оn уоur соmрutеr іf уоu dо nоt рrореrlу rеmоvе уоur stісk оnсе fіnіshеd usіng іt оn уоur соmрutеr? Оn thе bоttоm rіght hаnd sіdе оf уоur соmрutеrs tаsk bаr аrе sоmе ісоns. Іf уоu sсrоll оvеr thеm, уоu wіll sее оnе thаt sауs “sаfеlу rеmоvе hаrdwаrе” уоu nееd tо сlісk оn thаt іn оrdеr tо dеасtіvаtе thе соmmаnds fоr thе UЅВ роrt аnd rеlеаsе thе dеvісе sаfеlу wіthоut rіskіng blоwіng thе сіrсuіts аnd thе соmрutеr’s аbіlіtу tо rеаd thе UЅВ роrt.
Тhеsе twо tірs mау аррlу tо sоmе оf уоur оthеr tесhnоlоgу suсh аs уоur сеll рhоnе bаttеrу оr іРаd. Yоu must аlwауs tаkе mеаsurеs tо рrоtесt уоur dеvісеs tо kеер thеm іn tор wоrkіng оrdеr fоr аs lоng аs роssіblе. Wе аll knоw hоw muсh еаsіеr аsресts оf оur lіvеs hаvе bесоmе duе tо thеsе іtеms. Dо уоu rеаllу wаnt tо еnd uр wіthоut thеm оnсе аgаіn bу nоt tаkіng thе lіttlе stерs thаt аrе nееdеd tо kеер thеm wоrkіng thеіr ultіmаtе bеst?
One of the problems with Internet Explorer is the lack of the possibility to customize it. Fortunately Firefox allows various customizations, including the possibility to sort your downloads the way you like. You won’t be able to do it with a vanilla version of Firefox, but you will just need to install the Sort plugin to enable it Sort allows you to store files with different extensions in separate folders. For example you may wish to save mp3 files your “Music” folder and jpg files in “Pictures” folder. This extension will be especially valuable for those internet users which tend to download a lot, as it can automatically sort files for you.
Many computers are quite noisy, and that is one of the things that is bothering many computer users. There are a few things that can be done in order to reduce the noise like, for example, cleaning fans, or simply buying a quieter fan. However, there are a few other things that can done as well. Did you ever hear about sound insulation that can be installed inside the case computer to reduce decibel levels produced by a computer? There are also silicone gaskets that can be installed between a power supply and a fan to reduce noise. There are many possibilities, and I hope that there will be still many innovations of this type coming in the nearest future. One of the most efficient things that can be done to reduce the noisy coming from a computer, is to check each of your computer components, and see how much noise they produce. You might realize that your fan is not as quiet as you hoped it to be, and that you can purchase a fan that will produce a lot less noise. The technology behind computers is changing very rapidly, and if you want to have the best computer possible and the one which produces the least sound, I suggest that you check from time to time if you can purchase any new components.
During the 90s there was a concern that radiation form monitors can be very harmful, especially for a pregnant woman. Because of this concern many companies decided to limit the amount of radiation from monitors, as they did not want them to be portrayed as dangerous. This was in the era of CTR monitors which were very big, and that is why they might have seemed so dangerous.
Currently, people are using flat TFT/LCD monitors, which use less wattage and are a lot lighter. The current research indicates that there is no real danger from monitors and this includes both CTR and LCD. It seems that we may have overestimated the dangers, but I suppose it is better to be safe than sorry. The reason why there was a concern about CTR monitors is that radiation travels through everything, including walls, flesh, or even screen filters. The fact that monitors continue to emit radiation even after they are switched off was also a major concern. It is fortunate that the recent data suggests no ill effects from monitors, especially TFT/LCD monitors which are being sued by people these days. Of course, staring at the monitor all day might make your eyes tired, so that that into account. Make sure you have regular exercise and take breaks as often as you can.
Every internet user that connect to the Internet on a regular basis has probably bookmarked some websites. This way he can access his favorite sites very fast and he will not need to remember the full URL of the site. When it comes to bookmarks, every person will have to decide at some points which sites are worth bookmarking. There are many websites suggesting to bookmark their page, but if you are going to be bookmarking any website that you visit from time to time, then pretty soon your list of bookmarks is going to be a mess. You may want to use folders in your bookmark list, as it will help you keep your list organized. I also suggest that you only bookmark such pages that you really visit on a regular basis. There is no point bookmarking all of the pages on the Web that you might like for one reason or another.
One of the ways to keep yourself accountable is to set some goals for your website. This is an excellent way to measure your achievements, but remember that your goals should be time-sensitive and specific. Here are some examples, which should help you get started:
• Obtain a Page Rank4 within a year. It can be any other number, as this is only an example. You can easily check your Page Rank so this also means that you can easily check on your progress.
• Obtain an Alexa rank of 100,000 within 2 months. While it might require a lot of work, you will have a lot of satisfaction if you achieve such a goal.
• Have an affiliate program revenue of $100 per month within three months. Take into account that affiliate revenue can fluctuate a lot. Nonetheless, it is possible to add up all of your affiliate income and see how you are progressing.
As you see in the examples above those are quite specific goals, and you will be easily able to say if you indeed achieved your goal or not, which is very important. You can also measure to what degree you accomplished some goal in percentages. Some people even set goals for themselves every month and say that it keeps them motivated. My personal advice is not to set goals to high, so that you will not get disappointed. Of course, realizing hard to achieve goals can be a very rewarding experience so it might be worth a try.
Most responsible webmasters back up their blog from time to time. They understand that you never know what might happen. I think that most bloggers should probably back up their blog more often then they do. Anyway, the frequency of making backup is not what I wanted to discuss in this post. On the other hand, I want to explain some fundamental rules when it comes to backup. In particular, I want to say what you need to back up when it comes to your blog. In this case I will use a WordPress blog as an example:
• Your blog’s core files. Those are the files that are located on the server after your WordPress installation is finished. They might get corrupted, and backing up those files will ensure that you will be able to restore your blog easily. If you make any changes to those files, you will definitely want to back them up. Simply copy them to your hard drive and upload them if the files on the hosting server get corrupted.
• Your blog’s theme. This includes all modifications you made. Some bloggers put more work into their theme than others. However, even if you only made a few changes to your theme, it is crucial that you have a backup.
• Your blog’s plug-ins that you installed that are enabled or disabled. Finding the right plug-ins is time consuming, so you do not want them to get lost or corrupted. At least make a list of all plug-ins you have installed.
• Images and files that are uploaded to your blog.
Many people would associate technology with computers, and as we know, computers do not have a lot to do with exercise. Actually, we would usually assume that technology contributes to people having less exercise. Nonetheless, technology can greatly aid in doing any exercise, and I am going to show an example in this post pertaining to running.
It would be great to know the number of steps you make when you run. It seems that once again Adidas has released running shoes with a built-in pedometer. The interesting part is that it is a self-contained model with a microprocessor fitted over the laces of the left shoe. The face of the shoe has a small LCD screen and connects by a wire to a sensor built into the sole of the shoe underneath the big toe. The runner has the possibility to indicate his stride length and body weight by using two buttons. After running it is possible to read such data as distance covered, time, average speed and caloric expenditure. While nor everyone might have a need for such a shoe, it is definitely an interesting idea with well implemented design. The shoe currently costs over $100, and is labeled as Micropacer.
There can be many ways that technology can aid people who exercise, so maybe we shouldn’t be so biased in assuming that technology contributes to people being less healthy?