One of the ways to keep yourself accountable is to set some goals for your website. This is an excellent way to measure your achievements, but remember that your goals should be time-sensitive and specific. Here are some examples, which should help you get started:
• Obtain a Page Rank4 within a year. It can be any other number, as this is only an example. You can easily check your Page Rank so this also means that you can easily check on your progress.
• Obtain an Alexa rank of 100,000 within 2 months. While it might require a lot of work, you will have a lot of satisfaction if you achieve such a goal.
• Have an affiliate program revenue of $100 per month within three months. Take into account that affiliate revenue can fluctuate a lot. Nonetheless, it is possible to add up all of your affiliate income and see how you are progressing.
As you see in the examples above those are quite specific goals, and you will be easily able to say if you indeed achieved your goal or not, which is very important. You can also measure to what degree you accomplished some goal in percentages. Some people even set goals for themselves every month and say that it keeps them motivated. My personal advice is not to set goals to high, so that you will not get disappointed. Of course, realizing hard to achieve goals can be a very rewarding experience so it might be worth a try.
Most responsible webmasters back up their blog from time to time. They understand that you never know what might happen. I think that most bloggers should probably back up their blog more often then they do. Anyway, the frequency of making backup is not what I wanted to discuss in this post. On the other hand, I want to explain some fundamental rules when it comes to backup. In particular, I want to say what you need to back up when it comes to your blog. In this case I will use a WordPress blog as an example:
• Your blog’s core files. Those are the files that are located on the server after your WordPress installation is finished. They might get corrupted, and backing up those files will ensure that you will be able to restore your blog easily. If you make any changes to those files, you will definitely want to back them up. Simply copy them to your hard drive and upload them if the files on the hosting server get corrupted.
• Your blog’s theme. This includes all modifications you made. Some bloggers put more work into their theme than others. However, even if you only made a few changes to your theme, it is crucial that you have a backup.
• Your blog’s plug-ins that you installed that are enabled or disabled. Finding the right plug-ins is time consuming, so you do not want them to get lost or corrupted. At least make a list of all plug-ins you have installed.
• Images and files that are uploaded to your blog.
Many people would associate technology with computers, and as we know, computers do not have a lot to do with exercise. Actually, we would usually assume that technology contributes to people having less exercise. Nonetheless, technology can greatly aid in doing any exercise, and I am going to show an example in this post pertaining to running.
It would be great to know the number of steps you make when you run. It seems that once again Adidas has released running shoes with a built-in pedometer. The interesting part is that it is a self-contained model with a microprocessor fitted over the laces of the left shoe. The face of the shoe has a small LCD screen and connects by a wire to a sensor built into the sole of the shoe underneath the big toe. The runner has the possibility to indicate his stride length and body weight by using two buttons. After running it is possible to read such data as distance covered, time, average speed and caloric expenditure. While nor everyone might have a need for such a shoe, it is definitely an interesting idea with well implemented design. The shoe currently costs over $100, and is labeled as Micropacer.
There can be many ways that technology can aid people who exercise, so maybe we shouldn’t be so biased in assuming that technology contributes to people being less healthy?
PowerPoint are a rich source of good presentations. If you want to use a lot of graphics, sounds etc, then when a time for slide presentation comes, choose this program to conduct your slideshow presentation. In addition to photos and sounds you can add charts. There is actually a very easy way to do it:
1. Go to the slide where you want to insert a chart.
2. Go to Insert menu and select Chart option. A sample chart will appear for you on the slide. Now it is your job to modify it to suit your needs.
3. Remember to delete the data that you do not need and replace the data with the data that you want to present.
4. Click anywhere on the slide for changes to go into effect.
I believe that using charts is a great addition to text.
If you have on your hard drive some nice pictures that you would like to insert to your PowerPoint presentation, there is an easy way to do it. I believe that I already I shared with you how to insert a picture from Clip Art. However, this time in this post, I would like to have the pleasure of teaching you how to insert an image from any file that is located on your disk.
First, make sure that you select a slide in which you want to put your new picture. Go to Insert menu and here select Picture. A sub menu will appear. Here select From File after which an Insert Picture box will appear. Select a picture that you would like to insert and then press Insert button to make it happen.
Some people use pictures as a background, while other integrate them as just a small element, but either way it is a great addition to any presentation.
Protecting your computer form viruses, trojans, and other malicious infections is an important thing to do in order to keep your computer safe. There are many different antivirus programs available, as well as a wide choice of firewalls. Often you will find both antivirus and firewall features available in one program, usually called a security suite. While it is debatable which firewall/antivirus are the best to use, I would like to make some recommendations based on personal experience. First of all, I would not use a security suite, because the best antivirus and firewall is not available in any security suite. I recommend using a program like NOD32 as an antivirus, as it offers the best active protection. I also recommend using a firewall like Comodo Firewall because it protects as well as any paid firewall, but it is completely free.
Technology is usually a huge part of the life of every kid. ?s t??hn?l?g? ??nt?nu?s t? gr?w ?nt? ? l?rg?r ??rt ?f ?ut ?h?ldr?n’s l?v?s, ??d??tr????ns ?r? s???ng m?r? ?nd m?r? ??ung ??t??nts f?r r???t?t?v? str?ss ?n?ur??s. ?n??unt?r?ng th?s? t???s ?f ??m?l???t??ns ?t su?h ?n ??rl? ?g? ?n d?v?l??m?nt ??n l??d t? mu?h b?gg?r ?r?bl?ms d?wn th? r??d. ??r? ?r? ? f?w ?r???ut??ns f?r ??r?nts t? t?k? t? ?nsur? th??r k?ds ??m?ut?r ?r g?m?ng h?b?ts d?n’t l??d t? h??lth ?ssu?s.
1. ??v? ?h?ldr?n t?k? 10-15 m?nut? br??ks f?r ?v?r? h?ur th?? ?r? ?n th? ??m?ut?r ?r ?l???ng v?d?? g?m?s. ???nd th?t t?m? str?t?h?ng, runn?ng ?r?und, d??ng ?um??ng ???ks, ?r ?ng?g?ng ?n s?m? ?th?r f?rm ?f ?h?s???l ??t?v?t?.
2. ?n??ur?g? ??rr??t ??stur? w?th ?h?ldr?n b? t???h?ng th?m t? s?t u? str??ght, w?th th? ?.V. ?r ??m?ut?r s?r??n ?t ??? l?v?l.
3. ??v? ?h?ldr?n str?t?h th??r ?rms ?nd f?ng?rs b?f?r? st?rt?ng. ?s w?th ?n? ?h?s???l ???r??s?, ?r?bl?ms ???ur wh?n ??u ?ust ?um? ?nt? ?t w?th?ut w?rm?ng u?.
4. ????h ?h?ldr?n ?r???r t???ng t??hn?qu?s. ?n??ur?g? th?s fr?m ? ??ung ?g?. ??t ?nl? d??s ?t h?l? ?v??d str?ss ?n?ur??s, but ?t w?ll b? ? sk?ll th?? us? th? r?st ?f th??r l?v?s.
5. ?n??ur?g? ?h?ldr?n t? us? d?ff?r?nt h?nd ??s?t??ns ?n th??r ??ntr?ll?r wh?n ?l???ng v?d?? g?m?s.
Wh?l? t??hn?l?g? f?r k?ds ?sn’t g??ng ?w??, ?t sh?uld n?t r??l??? tr?d?t??n?l ?h?ldh??d ?l??. ???hn?l?g? ?s ?n ????ll?nt ?dd?t?v? t? ?h?ldr?n’s l?v?s ?nl? wh?n us?d ?n m?d?r?t??n. ?f ??u’v? g?t ? l?ttl? t??hn?l?g? ?unk?? ?n ??ur h?us?, ??u’ll n??d t? f?nd w??s t? ?n??ur?g? h?m (?r h?r) ?n ?th?r ?v?nu?s ?f ?l??. ??k? sur? th? r?t?? ?f t??hn?l?g? t?m? t? ?l?? t?m? ?s ?t l??st 50/50.
Would you like to hear some email tips? You have probably seen BCC before many times, and were wondering what this abbreviation stands for. By using BCC, you can send your email to many people without them knowing who the other recipients are. Whereas CC stands for Carbon Copy, BCC is a abbreviation for Blind Carbon Copy. As using CC enables other people to see who else received a message, there are many advantages of using BCC over CC:
• You might not want the others to know what the email addresses of your recipients are. Since we live in a world where many people consider it a full time job to obtain email addresses of others for commercial purposes, it might be a lot safer thing to do.
• For some reason you might not want to reveal to how many people you are sending an email.
• Your recipients might not be happy that you shared their email address with others. They have the right to, and I am sure that they would appreciate that you respect their wishes.
• If you are a company, sending emails using BCC looks more professional, as you should not reveal information about your customers.
Overall, Blind Carbon Copy ensures privacy of your recipients, so in many situations this will be the biggest advantage of using it.
Every internet user that connect to the Internet on a regular basis has probably bookmarked some websites. This way he can access his favorite sites very fast and he will not need to remember the full URL of the site. When it comes to bookmarks, every person will have to decide at some points which sites are worth bookmarking. There are many websites suggesting to bookmark their page, but if you are going to be bookmarking any website that you visit from time to time, then pretty soon your list of bookmarks is going to be a mess. You may want to use folders in your bookmark list, as it will help you keep your list organized. I also suggest that you only bookmark such pages that you really visit on a regular basis. There is no point bookmarking all of the pages on the Web that you might like for one reason or another.
Earlier on this blog I was writing how you can print mailing and returning addresses on envelopes and labels in MS Word. However, you can do more than that with them. You can add the graphics of your choice for example to your mailing or returning address. To do this, follow these few steps:
1. First, select your mailing or returning address to which you would like to add the graphics.
2. Go to Tools menu and open Envelopes and Labels window.
3. Click on Add to Document or Change Document.
4. In the Status bar click on the Page Layout view icon.
5. Now it is time to insert the graphics of your choice into the document.
6. Print the new envelope.
You never know when this might come in handy and having vast knowledge about Word will make your work with this text editor a lot more pleasant.